Monday, March 8, 2010

Balmain Spring 2010





















I know this showed a while ago, but I was inspired by all the military and chain mail I've been seeing all over the Spring issues, to do a much needed Balmain throwback post. First of all I cannot believe all the mixed reviews Christophe received for this collection. It's like the critics were dissapointed after his previous collection that had everyone in a frenzy (drummer boy jackets, bleached denim etc.) Ok I get it, it was brilliant, I mean the amount of knockoffs and attention that collection generated was completely insane.
The spring collection was like a breath of fresh air, all the olive greens, golds and earthy tones, less glamazon more warrior. So damn good. It was still very much Christophe, just a fresh spin on things. How funny that some were so harsh toward this collection and now every magazine and retailer is practically falling over themselves trying to show their version of Balmain. Influential? I would say so.
PS. I hate all the stupid little tees with wana-be embellished and chain shoulders at H&M and Forever21. They don't even come close.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the plunging necklines. They are so dramatic yet you almost don't even notice them.

    ReplyDelete